1) a customer is searching for a solution for isolated high AC voltage measurement.
- for 180-770VAC/50-60 Hz, accuracy of +-0.25% needed
Which isolated amplifier would be the best fit for this? Is there any ref design / literature for this?
2) they also need zero crossing detection with <100us delay. Positive zero crossing -> negative flank, negative zero crossing -> positive flank
I have seen ADS7x28 with zero crossing detection module mentioned in sbaa356.
Could this work in combination with an isolated amplifier?
1. The AMC3330 is going to be our best fit, as it has a bipolar +/-1V input range, high input impedance, and integrated power supply. As for the accuracy, you can see on the product page under design tools & simulation, an AMC voltage sensing excel calculator that can help the customer calculate their errors. We have several cookbook circuits on the ISO224 and AMC1300B pages that may help as well.
Is the accuracy requirement of 0.25% for typical error or worst case?
What kind of calibration is the customer prepared to do?
2. This should work given the 100us requirement, there is a slight propagation delay through the isolated amplifier of approximately 3us which does not use much of the time budget.
Alex SmithApplications Engineer | Precision Delta-Sigma Converters
Check out our helpful resources: BIO-FAQ: Common Questions for TI's ADS129x Family of Bio-Potential ADCs
TI Precision Data Converters | TI Precision Labs - ADCs | Analog Engineer's Calculator | Data Converters Learning Center | Selection Guide
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.