I am working on a TMS470 Reset problem
SYS#103 SYS_Nrst Requires Extra VCLK Cycles To Guarantee Complete Device Reset
This is a concern as the product is always ON module so there is no opportunity to manually power cycle it.
Having worked around the problem with an external Watchdog auto power cycle configuration. When the TMS470 fails to start up correctly the device is power cycled by the external watchdog. On occasions when it fails to start up correctly you can observe it may take several kicks (power cycles) to start it.
Questions (Re Errata Sys#103)
1. We are aware of device incomplete restart causing non operational device (work around as above). Are there cases of incomplete Reset giving an apparently OK running processor but some subtle anomalies?
2. Related to above are there any device peripheral register checks we should perform to discover a problem? We use the CAN, SPI, ADC and IO via the HET peripherals.
3. If we are up and running apparently OK, will normal peripheral device inits (via the HAL s/w interface) always configure the peripherals reliably?
4. We assume a longer external Reset will not solve the incomplete reset, as this is an internal to the device reset issue?
5. Will there be an immanent future revision of this TMS470 that will fix this problem?