Beginning with SYS/BIOS release 6.35.02.45, the Task module provides a non-invasive per task CallStack ROV view.
The instructions below are for SYS/BIOS versions before 6.35.02.45 (that do not support these built in ROV views).
After connecting to the Cortex-M core:
- Using the disassembly window, find the address of this symbol: ti_sysbios_knl_Task_swapReturn
- Put that address + 4 into the PC register.
- In the Task ROV 'Raw' view, find the 'context' field of the task Instance State you're interested in.
- Place the value of 'context' into both the MSP and PSP registers.
- Single step ONE instruction (using "Assembly Step Into") for M3/M4 targets or TWO instructions for M4F targets. The debugger window should now show you a rough approximation of the task's call stack. The program is NOT continue-able at this point because the register context at the point of halting the CPU is lost.