I'm designing in a TMS320F28020 and have questions about the best way to connect power supply and ground pins.
Software development is underway using a LaunchXL TMS320F2802x. The LaunchXL documentation (link below), which is for a TMS320F28027PT, shows VDDA and VDDIO connected to +3V3 through separate ferrite beads. Then VDD1 and VDD2 have 2.2uF caps to GND.
Translating that to the TMS320F28020, I believe the following should happen:
1. VDDA and VDDIO should be treated the same as it is on the LaunchXL. Each of these pins go to +3V3 through individual ferrite beads.
2. VDD at pin number 1 and 11 should tie to GND through individual 2.2uF caps.
LaunchXL documentation shows VSS1, VSS2, and VSSA going directly to GND.
For the TMS320F28020, should it happen like this?
1. Run separate grounds for digital (DGND) and analog (AGND).
2. VSSA on pin 23 goes to AGND
3. VSS on pin 2 and VSS on pin 12 go to DGND
Here's the LaunchXL TMS320F280x documentation:
Thanks in advance for your valuable help.