I would like to have a feedback on the following CM booting sequence implementation, where the only condition is that C28 core cannot be stucked indefinetly, in case of CM booting problems:
- C28 takes CM out of reset.
- C28 set an IPC flag and load a timeout timer.
- If CM completes its booting sequence correctly, it ack the IPC flag, and C28 will go ahead.
- If CM does not complete the booting sequence before the timeout expires, C28 will signal an alarm and eventually will try some other CM boot retries, before giving up and going ahead.
- In both cases, in the end, C28 reads CMTOCPU1IPCBOOTSTS register, to get some information.
Is this procedure correct?
To be able to set a suitable timeout value, how long does it takes CM to complete the booting sequence, in case of no problems?