This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: TMS320F2808
Tool/software: TI C/C++ Compiler
Hello,customer couldn't generate hex file with hex2000 tool. It generates failures and linking couldn't complete. It can link normal when not using the hex2000 tooI. attached the screenfile with the error message.
In reply to HS WG-FAE:
Please click This Resolved My Issue if the reply answers your question.
Explore Code Composer Studio documentation and resources using online Resource ExplorerTrack a known bug with SDOWP. Enter the bug id in the "Find Record ID" box
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to AartiG:
Thank you for obtaining and sending over the customer project offline. It seems that this project was converted from CCS 3.3 and the conversion may not have been completely error-free because turning on the Hex Utility uncovered some build errors.
Here are the steps to get an error-free build:
1) Go to the Project Properties->Build->Linker, click on Edit Flags and delete the --hex2000 option. This is an invalid linker option and will result in a warning if it is not deleted.
2) Enable C2000 Hex Utility. Also set the Command-line pattern field as shown below. This is automatically populated for new projects, but for this migrated project the command field was blank for some reason.
3) Add the --romwidth 16 option.
4) Building the project at this point generated linker errors that indicate that library files (*.lib) and linker command files (*.cmd) are incorrectly being treated as input files, while the expected object files were not getting passed to the linker.
5) To fix this, in the Project Explorer view, select all the .lib files in the lib directory, right-click and go to Resource Configurations->Reset to Default.
6) Select all build configurations.
7) Do the same for both .cmd files in the cmd directory.
8) Rebuild the project. It should complete without errors.
Let us know if this helps resolve the errors.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.