This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
I am a student at the university of Belgrade.My university has purchased a TMS320F2808 experimenter kit (TMDSDOCK2808),but instead of this in the box was something that I think it is called TMS320C28343.I am new in programing microcontrolers and I have problems with connecting TMS320C28343 with Code Composer Studio v3.3.In Code Composer Studio v3.3 I cannot find support for TMS320C28343.I think that the last one on the list of available factory boards in CCS is F28335.Can you help me and tell me the way to connect TMS320C28343 to Code Composer Studio v3.3I have CCS Platinum v3.3 .
Welcome to the world of C2000 !!!
Please search for c28343.gel file in your system. If you have this file, it shouldn't be too difficult to get connected to device using CCS
If a post answers your question, please mark it with the "verify answer" button.
Other useful links:
C2000 Getting Started C2000 Flash Common Issues/FAQs Emulation FAQ
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Manoj Santha Mohan:
Thank you for this advice.
I searched for c28343.gel file in my system and it wasn't there so I unninstalled my CCS and downloded the latest CCS v3.3 from the TI site and now I can connect to C28343.
The updated version supports C28343 :-)
In reply to Ivan Subotic:
Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the boards you received in the kit? I'd like to confirm the error. Thanks!
In reply to Charlie3036:
Of caurse Charlie,
Give me the e-mail adress and I will send pictures to you.
After reviewing the pictures that you sent me, I think there has been some misunderstanding. The controlCARD you have is the F2808, not the C28343.
1) On all of our devices, the device part number is silk screened onto the device. On your device the silkscreen shows TMS320F2808PZA, which means the device you have is the TMS320F2808PZA.
2) The picture in our documentation was there just to show how to insert any controlCARD into the controlCARD slot, not to show what kind of card is included in the kit.
3) From your pictures it looks like you have an older docking station without USB emulation built in. I would recommend that you purchase a JTAG emulator. I would recommend the XDS100 emulator found here: https://estore.ti.com/Search.aspx?detail=1&k=TMDSEMU100U-14T
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
Thank you Charlie.
Your responce helped me.
I would like to download a ".out" file in my F2808 without JTAG,using only serial connection.
I have tried to do it with GUI from TI ,I placed jumpers at pins 18 and 29,but GUI cannot connect to F2808.
There is a serial cable in the package that my university purchased for the project I am worcking on .
Please would you be so kind to tell me:
1) Is it possible to download a code in my F2808 without JTAG,using only serial connection ( considering that you told me that it has an older docking station without USB emulation built in) ?
2) If it is,can you please tell me which program to use for this purpose?
3) Can you tell me possible reasons why I am not successful in connecting it with GUI from TI ?
Take a look at www.codeskin.com I believe their C2000 prog should be able to do what you want. However, i would recommend that you purchase a JTAG emulator as it will make debugging much, much easier.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.