This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Could you list the procedure involved in modifying an application from RAM based configuration to Flash based configuration in simple steps?
Below is applicable to TMS320F2838x, TMS320F2837x, TMS320F2807x, TMS320F28004x.
All the C2000Ware example projects are provided with both RAM and Flash build configurations. To change the build configuration from RAM to Flash, users can import the project in to CCS and right click on the project and select 'Build Configurations' -> 'Set Active' -> 'Flash'.
By selecting this Flash configuration, users can notice that:
1. _FLASH symbol is defined in the "Predefined symbols" section under Project Build settings. This is used to define and execute any Flash-build specific code.
2. Flash based linker command file is chosen for the application instead of a RAM based linker command file. Flash based linker command files are provided in C2000Ware for reference (Ex: XXX_FLASH_lnk_cpu1.cmd at C2000Ware_x_xx_xx_xx\device_support\XXX\common\cmd). Flash based linker command files will have codestart mapped to Flash entry point address.
3. All the initialized sections are mapped to Flash memory in the Flash based linker command file.
4. All the functions that need to execute from RAM (for initialization or 0-wait performance purpose) are assigned to .TI.ramfunc section in the code.
Ex: Flash_initModule() is assigned to .TI.ramfunc section. This Flash initialization routine (configures Flash wait-states, prefetch/cache mode, power etc.) must be executed from RAM.
5. .TI.ramfunc section is mapped to a Flash address for “Load” and a RAM address for “RUN” in the Flash based linker command file.
6. All the sections mapped to Flash are aligned on a 128-bit boundary using ALIGN() directive in the Flash based linker command file.
7. memcpy() function is called in the application to copy the .TI.ramfunc content from Flash to RAM. memcpy() is called before executing any code that is assigned to .TI.ramfunc section.
8. For EABI type executable: All uninitialized sections mapped to RAM are defined as NOINIT sections (using the directive “type=NOINIT”) in the linker cmd file.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.