This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

Errors "Security fuse has been blown" and "Could not find device"

Prodigy 10 points

Replies: 1

Views: 988

  Hi!

I know that my problem is unsolvable, so my message is like a cry from the heart)

I've read so many posts about this problem. And any of solutions didn't help me.

 

I develop a device with MSP430F148. I use MSP430-JTAG-TINY-V2 to debug and IAR KickStart 5.60. At first I connected debugger with 4-wire jtag interface (and RST pin). When i tried to debug in IAR there was an error:

Could not find device (or device not supported)

Then i unconnected RST pin of microcontroller from jtag connector. After this debugger run. But from time to time i got an error:

Security fuse has been blown

I made two same boards with MSP430F148. With first one i got this error very seldom. But with the second one i got this error too often (debugger run in about 1 time from 20 attempts). And two days ago IAR started to give out my previous error (with unconnected RST pin):

Could not find device (or device not supported)

So, i saw many advices and tried it. But no success. The most popular solution is related with RST pin. I removed capacitor 2,2n, reduced the value of pull-up resistor, made button to reset the board (esspecially at the powering up the board). But nothing helped. 

I tried many softwares like MSPFET, MSP OLIMEX PROGRAMMER, MSP430 Flasher. Each of them give me out now the same error -  Could not find device (or device not supported).

There is an idea about programm code that not disables watchdog and microcontroller is always in "reset-cycle". But programm witch i wrote in flash of microcontroller is executing now. 

I tried different drivers and dlls (MSP430.dll and OLIMEX.DLL), but nothing helped.

If you have any ideas please give me know

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

  • These errors (aside of a really blown fuse or an MSP that is really not known to the FET because it is too new or not supported) is a communication failure between the FET and the MSP. If it is caused by an offending software (e.g. one that constantly resets the MSP before the FET can attach), then a different PC software (a faster one like the Elprotronic tool) might help.
    But it can be as well a hardware problem. Bad cable or connector, large line capacitance, hair-cuts on the wires or traces or bad soldering or shortcuts. Or insufficient supply.
    Happened often on out hand-soldered PCBs. Usually, after cleaning the PCB the error went away. Sometimes I had to redo the soldering on the JTAG pins.

    _____________________________________

    Time to say goodbye - I don't have the time anymore to read and answer forum posts. See my bio for details.

    Before posting bug reports or ask for help, do at least quick scan over this article. It applies to any kind of problem reporting. On any forum. And/or look here.
    I'm sorry that  I can no longer provide help  in the forum or by private conversation.

This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.