About DRV2625, we will use RTP mode for our product application
Could you help check if we use RTP mode, we don't need to do calibration at factory?
This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
1. So you mean we need do calibration at our factory even if we turn on auto-calibration function for user side?
2. For now we didn't do calibration at our factory and we turn on auto-calibration function, but we can't feel any abnormal at braking function, so what you mean for function correctly?
3. So no matter what mode we use, we all need do calibration at factory?
Sorry for confusing you, calibration is just recommended for peak performance. If in your specific application of device there is no difference to outcome then feel free to bypass the process.
What auto-calibration does it just optimize the feedforward and feedback paths for the load that is attached, and that sometimes could have substantial impact on using closed-loop mode of device and auto-braking but it depends on specific actuator attached, but if there is no difference for you then it should be okay.
P.27 of datasheet goes over auto-calibration if you want to read it
1. So you mean if we using close-loop mode at RTP mode and we feel the vibration is ok, we don't need do auto-calibration at production factory right?
2. Since closed-loop mode also can do automatic level calibration, compare with auto-calibration, is it because do auto-calibration using longer time pattern can tracing precise f0 so performance will be better?
To just answer both your questions, skipping auto-calibration is not recommended as it can effect performance is several ways including auto-braking and other closed-loop operation as well as open loop operations.
So I cannot recommend not doing it even if it feels okay.
I discussed with design team and this was conclusion we came to.