This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: BOOSTXL-DRV8305EVM
Tool/software: Code Composer Studio
I have changed all the parameters to match my motors, as established using the motorware GUI. The GUI runs one motor just fine, so I know the hardware is capable, but when I try to run them using lab 11d I get the fault light come on. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I am using the F28069M launchpad with DRV8305 BoostXL boards.
The motor I am using is Quanum MT Series 5208 360KV Brushless Multirotor Motor Built by DYS
Specs:KV(RPM/V): 360KVLipo cells: 4-6SMax Power: 674.9WMax Amps: 30.4ANo Load Current: 0.70/22.2VInternal Resistance: 0.45ohmNumber of Poles: 14Dimensions(Dia.xL): 63*27.7mmMotor Shaft: 4mmprop shaft: 6mm CW prop adapterWeight: 192gbolt hole spacing: 25*32*44 M3Lamination thickness: 0.2mmMagnets: 42SHWire: 18AWGConnector: 3.5mm bullet
Thanks for posting on the MD forum!
The motorware Labs are supported by the C2000 team, I will forward your post.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Adam Sidelsky:
Thanks. How do I follow the new post please?
In reply to Tony Hannallah:
I have already moved the post, you will not see anything different, the C2000 team has been notified already.
The GUI can't support dual-motor labs, you have to run the project with CCS directly, please follow the instaSPIN lab guide to get the motor parameters first using lab02c before running the dual-motor lab. Btw, according to the motor spec., the boostxl-drv8305 can't support the motor running with a full load limit to its output capability of maximum current.
In reply to Yanming Luo:
Hi. Thanks for the reply. We now have the software running with two motors successfully. However, I am trying to characterize some different motors using the GUI (so I can drop the parameters into our CCS code). The identify feature runs and stores some parameters, but when I run the motor, the hardware does not run the motor to its full speed rating.
The motor I am using is a
At 18.3V, with Skywalker ESC:
I can achieve the exact rated speed, RPM (The KV rating is 340 * 18.3V = 6222). The speed I achieved 6228, virtually exactly to spec.
With the TI Dev kit and DRV8305 Boost, I could only achieve approximately 4918RPM (both measurements were with the same tachometer). This is over 20% loss in performance, which we cannot accept for our product. Is there anything we can try to achieve the full speed motor drive capability with the TI kit?
Appreciate a prompt response as our project deadline is urgent.
I have an update on this..
I found the document page http://www.ti.com/lit/pdf/tiducf1
"Sensorless High-Speed FOC Reference Design for Drone ESC"
which seems relevant, as I am using a high speed drone motor. I went through the document and changed the hardware filter, etc. Updated my filter parameter in the code.
I successfully identified my motor using lab 2c. I get the following parameters:
I have updated the user.h files (for both lab 5b and 11d, as I ultimately need to run two motors simultaneously)
Unfortunately, now my code does not run. The error checkers through up the
I comment out the relevant code and another error is thrown up. So it seems that the parameters identified for my motor by lab 2C are incompatible with the instaspin code. Please can you suggest what these parameters are likely to have conflicted with, and how best to address the issue?
In order to try to isolate the problem, I have returned all settings in the User / motor files back to the defaults (pwm freq back to 45kHz, etc), from what the tutorial suggested changing. This has still not fixed it, so I can only assume it's the motor parameters causing the issue. I have had this motor spinning at 4500rpm with the TI hardware, so I know the hardware is capable of spinning. I just need to prove that I can get to the max RPM, otherwise TI will not be suitable for this project.
I should note the project is commercial for a sports machine, not for a hobbyist application.
It seems like you didn't identify the motor parameters correctly, the inductances are too small. Change the identification variables in user.h to run the lab02c again, make sure the motor spin smoothly during the identification process.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.