This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: DRV2624
What types of haptic actuators can be driven by these models?
- The DRV2624/2625 are designed to drive either an Eccentric Rotating Mass (ERM) actuator or Linear Resonant Actuator (LRA)
How powerful of an actuator can these models drive?
- The DRV2624/2625 are rated for a supply voltage between 2.7 – 5.5 V, so it would not be optimal to be drive any ERM or LRA with a rated voltage of more than 5.5V with these chips.
- The minimum load impedance is 8 ohms, so driving at a max voltage of 5.5V and a load impedance of less than 8 ohms would strain the output capability of the DRV.
Can these models accommodate actuators of any resonant frequency?
- No the LRA frequency range for these designs is from 45 – 300 Hz
- ERM actuators do not have a resonant frequency
Do these models provide support for driving more than one actuator at a time?
- The algorithms within the chips that manage the auto-calibration, resonance tracking, over-drive, and auto-braking are based on only having to manage one actuator attached to the output and will fail if feedback from the output is composed of back-EMFs of two different actuators.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.