I am planning to buy one of the evaluation kits DRV8312-69M-KIT. But before i buy want to understand some of the concepts of FOC specially Id, iq and their relation with respect to board currents. One algorithm i came up is first to understand the open loop FOC.
FOC in Open loop
- Read the Phase Currents I_a, I_b, I_c
- Perform Clarke Transform to give I_alpha, I_beta
- Increase the rotor angle Theta every 10degrees each iteration.
- Perform the Park Transform on I_apha, I_beta , Theta to give I_d, I_q
- Let the I_qRef and I_dRef be defined. (If the peak current of the board is let us say 3 Amps then a. maximum of I_qRef can be 3 and Id_Ref=0.
- The I_qRef can be decreased and the Id_Ref can be increased but provided the rule (I_S^2 = I_qRef^2 + I_dRef^2 is maintained, Here I_s=3 amps)
- Apply PI_Q and PI_D to get V_SqRef and V_SdRef.
- Apply inverse park transform to get V_SalphaRef and V_SbetaRef.
- Apply SVPWM and calculate the PWM duty cycles and apply to motor.
Is the above logic correct? My question is on step3 where i increase the rotor angle every 10Degrees (I have selected randomly). And step5, step6 is my understanding correct? Please help.