Other Parts Discussed in Thread: USB2ANY
I have experienced some strange issues whilst testing auto/manual cell balancing of my 16 cell battery pack with the EVM using the USB2ANY and BQAutoEval-1.0.4 GUI. The cell voltages are all measuring correctly.
The open-circuit cell voltage for each cell was roughly 4.08V. Whilst performing cell balancing with a 5-second duty cycle, the individual voltages 8 cells that aren't being balanced increase to 4.29V. I measured the voltage of affected cells on the battery pack side, and the multimeter shows the same ~4.29V measurement.
The OV protection threshold was set to 4250mV. With 'stop balancing on fault' enabled, I can't perform cell balancing. I have stopped testing since, please advise if there is something I have not set up correctly or if this may be a board issue.