Other Parts Discussed in Thread: BQ76930, BQ76PL455A
I am looking for a basic battery monitor, but am not sure which is my best option. Can you help point me to some that might work well? I have a few questions and requirements.
- We have a high current and small size application 100A+ that makes current sensing and in line FETs not feasible. For battery monitors with those items in the reference designs (Ex: BQ76930), do they require shunt resistors and in line FETs, or are they only optional?
- 7 Lipo cells. Ability for future expansion is nice.
- 85C+ rating
- Low/no power mode for storage.
- In stock.
Nice to have (Listed in priority)
- Internal cell balancing.
- Small design footprint.
- Reference designs with BOM
- Auto or better rating.
- External. Temperature sensing.
- Design files/gerbers available.