Other Parts Discussed in Thread: BQ25601
We are using bq24296M battery charger in our design. We came across an issue with battery charger when the battery is completely drained.
1. Charge the battery with VIN - 5V
2. After charging is completed, disconnect VIN and let the system run on battery till the battery is drained.
3. Now connect VIN. bq24296M is neither providing VSYS nor charging the battery, so the system is not booting.
4. Remove the battery and run the system only with VIN. Now the system boots.
5. After system runs normally connect battery again, then VSYS is present and battery is also charging.
How to mitigate the issue mentioned in point 3. if the battery is drained and VIN is connected shouldn't bq24296M run normally?
Note: The battery has its own OVP and UVP circuitry