I have 5x TPS543320RPYR with various output voltages and one has no output voltage.
+12V input and +5V5 output @ 2A
Any suggestion where to look?
This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
I could not see any obvious errors on the schematic. Here are my suggestions for debugging.
1. Double check all the components to make sure they are all correct. Make sure Cboot is 0.1uF with correct derating voltage.
2. Make sure all the component connections are correctly. No cold solder or poor solder.
3. Measure BP5 pin to make sure it has 4.5V correct voltage. Make sure 12Vin is correctly applied.
4. Measure EN pin to make sure it is high.
5. Double check the layout to make sure everything is correct.
I replaced the controller and still the same issue no output (actually +0V4)
I made some changes to isolate the load and the controller outputs +5V5.
Something is taking more current than expected when powered.
It looks like it might be going into current limit mode?
I will bench power the rail and see what current it takes.