Other Parts Discussed in Thread: LM5060
i have used the LM5060 circuit braker layout from TIDA001168 design two issues:
1) When i use C-TIMER capacitor 0.047uf. after EN goes high, the CAP does the 6uA ramp, Vgs reaches 5V and the CAP discharges to 300mV. then it starts to charge at 11uA and it reaches 2V and Vgs gets shut down.
- i have looked at all the setups and components. all is as it is in TIDA001168. please see sch attached.
- Output KL40 is isolated and not connected to any power source or load.
- output ramps up and after VGS shutdown, output ramps down and this keeps repeating.
2) i have removed the C-TIMER and grounded the TIMER pin. this works fine. the MOSFET turn on and off and i can EN and DISABLE them. ( obviosly i dont have all the protection this circuit offers)
3) With TIMER to GND.
- I connect two of these board in parallel. the P48V comes from different supply sources.
- KL40 is common and connected to the external 50V source.
Not load and no Supply at the KL40 pis
- i cannot start them MOSFETS when i apply EN to the LM5060
- P48V has 49V on it. KL40 remains 0V
With KL40 = 49V
- the circuit works and i can turn the breakers ON and OFF.
need your insight.