This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

TPS1663: About ILIM

Part Number: TPS1663


ILIM is described in the electrical characteristics of the data sheet with the following contents.
I think that the variation in electrical characteristics is the variation in the device itself, but is the variation in ILIM obtained by adding the variation in resistance to this variation?
For example, if the resistance is 1% variation at 6A setting, how should the maximum variation be calculated?
I don't know how to reflect the variability in Equations 4 and 7 of the data sheet.

Best regards,

  • Hi Kaji,

    You need to add the variation of the resistor to get the overall accuracy. 

    We used 0.1% accurate resistors which can be ignored compared to ILIM accuracy, for example 2A current limit has +/-8% accuracy 1.84A(min) 2A(typ)  2.16A (max). But if we use 1% resistors, the overall accuracy of ILIM will be +/-9% 

    Best regards,