This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

TPS61150a Damaged Instantly During No Load Condition

Other Parts Discussed in Thread: TPS61151

I posted originally in the TPS61151 forum replying to a post concerning this issue.  I discovered that manufacturing was installing the battery prior to plugging in the LED load.  Doing so killed 90 percent of the chips.  The remaining 10 percent either failed at a later process or in the hands of the customer.  I would think there would be a pullup resister at the input of the feedback inputs to prevent an OVP condition.  It seems that the Temperature protection never hits because the chips continue to operate but get very hot.