We successfully modified this board to increase the output voltage from 19.5V to 24V by changing the feedback resistors, the secondary side rectification resistors, and adjusting the OVP appropriately. This circuit had a maximum load of 3A.
The customer is now interested in increasing the load current to 4A. What changes are required to ensure the circuit can operate safely at this power level?
I noted that these components were in the power path:
- F1: 3.15A on the input should be fine
- L1: Can't find datasheet online
- D1: 3A limit should be fine
- L2: 7A limit should be fine
- T1: Datasheet says saturation happens at 3.2A. This could be a problem?
- Q3: Has plenty of current capability
- Q1: Has plenty of current capability
Can you please let me know which components could be damaged at 4A output current? I'm mostly worried about the transformer performance. Could you recommend an alternative?