Other Parts Discussed in Thread: PMP30070, UCC28700
My aerospace customer is looking for a solution for wide input voltage DC/DC conversion.
Here are the specifications in the nutshell:
- Maximum input voltage: 440 Vdc
- Minimum input voltage: ~20 Vdc – 100 Vdc
- Isolated primary / secondary
- Output voltage: 15 Vdc
- Output current: 400 mA
- Prefer integrated switch, but can accept discrete switch
- Topology: probably flyback, but others are acceptable
I have suggested UCC28911 and PMP30070 as an example of the implementation.
The question is, how do I modify the PMP30070 to extend the input voltage range to 20V to 440V?
If I am way off base, please suggest a different solution.