Other Parts Discussed in Thread: BQ2000
May I have some questions regarding to your BQ2920x balance charging protection IC ?
Here's the detail of my product.
- 2S2P 18650 lithium battery pack is used.
- Capacity of each battery cell is 3000mAh.
- Maximum voltage of each battery cell is 4.2V. For battery pack, it will be 8.4V.
- Charging current for each battery cell in CC mode is around 1500mA ( 0.5C ). For battery pack, it will be 3000mA.
- Peak discharge current from each battery cell is around 3000mA ( 1C ). For battery pack, it will be 6000mA.
- Your BQ2000 is used for battery charging. Power supply voltage for BQ2000 is 12V.
Q1) BQ2920x has 2 types such as 4.30V and 4.35V. Each type is suitable for my battery pack or it also has one in 4.20V ?
Q2) How to define the value of cell balancing current ? I guess it will not be just several tenth mA only.
Q3) If external cell balancing configuration will be used, which MOSFET is suitable ?