Other Parts Discussed in Thread: TPSM53602,
few questions regarding TPSM53602, Vin=12V to 24V, Vout=5V, Iout,eff ~ 1.5A
1) Decoupling capacitor for V5V pin13
- there is no info in DS
- in EVM there is a un-populated footprint
- in WEBENCH there is a 1uF capacitor
1a) is it recommended to use this capacitor on V5V pin?
1b) what is the recommended value?
1c) needs this pin to referenced to AGND or PGND?
2) Regarding feedback resistor
- there is recommended 10kOhm upper resistor
2a) can we change this resistor to 4k99?
2b) what is the drawback if this resistor is grater or lower value than 10kOhm?
3) There a recommended minimum Cin ( 2x 10uF) and Cout ( Table1)
3a) is there a max limit on Cin and Cout?
3b) in DS " When adding additional capacitance above COUT(min), the capacitance can be ceramic type, low-ESR polymer type, or a combination of the two."
can the output be also combination of ceramic + low-ESR tantalum capacitor like TPSD157K010R0050 ( 10V 150uF 10% 2917 ESR= 50 mOhm)?
3c) what is the max ERS allowed? also if we put 2 TPSD157K010R0050 in parallel then the effective ESR is lower and this is better?
3d) at what frequency should we observe the ESR ? because in most DS specification is @ 100khz.
4) can you provide the equation for calculating UVLO?