We are seeing part failures in the field.
It is likely that the problem is with the design and not the individual part as such. Can you help?
Background and a few questions:
1. Failures so far in production
a. 3 died at first use, within a few minutes
b. 3 died within 2 weeks
c. 1 died at 1.5 years
d. Total parts in use 228,
2. Schematic is attached
3. We did a test at 25Khz and it damaged all 6 channels (Not counted above) on a board within a few minutes our normal ƒSW Switching frequency is 400Khz any idea why a low switching freq would cause this?
4. Why the max duty cycle of 85% and can you run the part at a sustained 85%
5. We are typically running a load of 50W to 70W using heater cartridges, data sheet attach, is the part suitable for this type of load
6. We have done extensive temperature testing and never saw Operating temperature go above 90°C so I don’t believe we have a temp problem
7. Our main power rail is 24Vdc any concern?
8. Would you like to see the layout or anything else?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Lee Drennan | VP of Engineering
1st Detect Corporation | 555 Forge River Rd., Suite 100 | Webster TX 77598
Phone: +1 713 558 5072 | Mobile: +1 512 663 3192 |email@example.com
Raj Mellacheruvu | Chief Executive Officer
1st Detect Corporation | 201 W. 5th Street, Suite 1275, Austin, TX 78701
Phone: (512)485-9525 | Mobile: (512)731-7258 | firstname.lastname@example.org