Other Parts Discussed in Thread: USB2ANY, USB-TO-GPIO
I have a customer using UCD901XX to sequence power for FPGA.
The FPGA is also connected to the UCD PMBus for operational control and monitoring of rails after boot.
Customer uses the UCD90SEQ64EVM and the Fusion Digital Power Designer to configure the devices.
They connect to the EVM via USB and connect the EVM to their CCA via discrete wires plugged into the PMB posts.
They have run into a couple issues with this approach:
- When only the UCD is powered, they cannot connect unless the connection to the FPGA is removed
- Once the UCD is configured, they can access it via the EVM even with the FPGA on the bus
- They are ramping up the production of the CCAs and using individual cables dangling from the EVM is not really desired going forward.
They looked and tried to run Fusion Digital Power Designer using a USB2ANY, but they unable to find any USB device via the GUI.
They have also downloaded Digital Power Manufacturing Tool but this does not seem to be able to use the USB2ANY either.
It seems that the USB Interface Adapter EVM may support the UCD.
- Any tips on using USB2ANY with the UCD?
- What is the preferred method for the in-system programming of these devices given an exposed PMBus port?
- Does the EVM provide enough drive strength to drive through the unpowered FPGA pulling on the serial lines?