Other Parts Discussed in Thread: TPS61166
We are planning to use TPS61169 for driving 4 high power IR LEDS. The configuration is as below,
1. 4 IR LED will be connected in series - 1 String
2. VIN is 4.2V. TPS61169 will be programmed for 6.5V/400mA.
3. The Vf for the LED @ 400mA is 1.5V
As per datasheet, When TPS61169 is in shutdown mode there will be current flow through the inductor and diode.
1. With the above mentioned LED setup will TPS61169 enter into complete shutdown mode?
2. Does TPS61169 current control even in shutdown mode?