My customer's system NB which can be powered by adapter or docking.
The issue is we cannot enter hybrid power boost mode when we use docking to provide power to system.
The docking power is 60W(20V/3A) and input sense resistor is 5m ohms.
I know the condition to enter hybrid power boost is below:
1. Writes 1 to REG0x37
2. Input current register REG0x37 must be set higher than 1536 mA
3. Input current is higher than 104/107% of input current limit
If we want to enter hybrid power boost mode, we need to set REG0x37 to 0x0600 and input current have to exceed 3194mA.
But it will cause the docking over current due to it's maximum power 60W.
My questions are below:
1. Why is it necessary to design a threshold of 1536mA to enter the hybrid power boost mode? Is there any special reason?
2. Do we have other way to decrease this value for entering Hybrid power boost mode early (customer cannot change input current sense resistor)?
3. If there is no way to change hybrid boost mode threshold 1536mA, do we have other methods to let this system to enter hybrid boost mode?