My customer has been using TPS74801DRCR. But recently, they consider to replace it to TPS74801TDRCRQ1 in order to prevent delivery shortage.
Then, they're asking some questions.
- Do those devices use same chip(die) inside the package?
- Are difference only temp spec and test condition/item between Q1 and non-Q1?
- Although these device adopt same package(DRC), RJA is different.
Why is RJA different? Is it just error of datasheet?
- Why Ta range is different between DRC(up to 105C) and RGW(up to 125C)?
Is this because of larger thermal resistance of DRC?
- As for thermal resistance of DRC package, θJCtop of Q1(78℃/W) deteriorates from non-Q1(50.3℃/W).
But meanwhile, ψ of Q1 is same as non-Q1. Does it mean thermal performance in case of actual board is same?