I need to build a CCS project using SYS/BIOS for AM335x/AM437x devices. How can I get started?
This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
The Code Composer Studio (CCS) has a project wizard which guides you to create a project. For detailed information about CCS project management, please refer to CCS User’s Guide.
The steps given below show how to create a project compatible with Processor SDK RTOS 6.3 release (PDK 1.0.17) for AM335x/AM437x. The general principles apply to other platforms and/or different versions of SDK.
1. Go to CCS -> File -> New -> Project -> Code Composer Studio -> CCS Project, click Next.
2. Fill in the necessary fields for the new project:
3. Click Next and choose products for this project:
4. The project should be created now. Go to project properties -> General -> Products. Choose ti.platforms.evmAM3359 from the Platform drop down list. Then click Apply and Close.
5. Build the project by right clicking the project and then click “Build Project”. The output executable is located in the Debug folder and has .out extension. Please note that SYS/BIOS will be automatically built for the target specified in step 2.
6. Follow instructions here to set up the AM3359 ICE EVM.
7. Load the .out file to the AM3359 ICE EVM. Step through the code and observe the execution. The code should enter main() and then Bios_start(), execute task taskFxn() and then go to idle.
8. The System_printf messages can be checked using ROV, according to this BIOS FAQ.
9. To make the System_printf messages displayed in CCS console:
var SemihostSupport = xdc.useModule('ti.sysbios.rts.gnu.SemiHostSupport');
enter main() enter taskFxn() exit taskFxn()
For a quick reference, the complete project including the pre-built executable .out file is attached.bios_typical.zip