My customer uses the C6727 series DSP processors for several of products that also support third-party algorithm development. Given the fact that the compiler tools for this processor have not been updated in quite some time, customer and developers are concerned regarding the future support for these tools.
Here are some specific questions, but any information that you can give regarding future support, development, or end-of-support schedule for the C6727 compiler tools would be very helpful.
- Are there any plans to make it possible to use a Code Composer Studio version later than v7 when targeting C6727?
- Are there any plans to make it possible to compile for C6727 on a Mac?
- If not, will the required older version of Code Composer Studio as well as the necessary CGTools for this chip continue to be made available via the TI site and will they be supported for the foreseeable future?
- Are CCSv7 and the necessary CGTools for this chip qualified for use with Windows 11?
- Are there any plans to provide CGTools with language support for C++11 or later features for this chip?