Other Parts Discussed in Thread: AM4377, UNIFLASH
I am trying to make the am437x starter kit boot from usb stick
I made the following process :
1) I compiled the GPIO led blink project and put it on the SD card that I have been using in the past with tirtos (idkam437x)
2) I put the sd card to the starter kit , and was able to boot from it and see the lid blinking
3) I did the procedure from http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-rtos/esd/docs/latest/rtos/index_overview.html section 126.96.36.199
I used the evm image (not starter kit) and and win32 disk imager to write the image to a usb stick
4) the result was a usb stick with mlo and app. I replaced the app with the app from (1) which I made sure was working.
5) looking at the HW boot order of the starter kit is mmc0 -> usb1 ->usb0 -> qspi. I removed the sd card and reset the HW
nothing happens (on the HW or at the uart terminal) . noot does not seems to start
what do you think I am doing wrong ? what are the requirements from the usb stick ? will any stick work ?
should I copy mlo from sd card to the usb stick ? or should I use a different mlo ?