Other Parts Discussed in Thread: TPS65218D0, , AM4378, TPS61081
Customer is having below queries on EVM schematics vs datasheets. Found below mismatch between the recommended values in the datasheet of TPS65218D0 and AM4378 when comparing with the TMDXSK437X . Can you please confirm which values need to follow.
- For DCDC4 in datasheet it is recommended to use 100nF and 47uF. But in eval board it is using only 10uF. Is 10uF alone enough or need to follow datasheet recommendation.
- For INT_LDO in datasheet recommended to use 1uF but in eval board 22uF is used.
- For the pull ups of open drain signals in datasheet it has been provided values of 100k but in eval board 10k is used.
- For L5 the output inductor in datasheet it is recommended to use 1.5uH and in eval board 10uH is used.
- For coin cell in the Eval board 1.5K is used but in datasheet it is using 10ohms. Please confirm if any consideration need to be taken for this resistor calculation.
- For the VPP pin of the AM4378 customer is planning to provide a 1.7V from external power supply. Is it required to provide any other power supply along with this as shown in Eval Board – 3.3V for external debugger or emulator. Please confirm if same pin outs (4 pins) need to be followed or only two pin connector with 1.7V and GND should be sufficient.
- For the JTAG to use the Trace functionality using EMU0/1/2/3 pin customer is following the pin outs of Compact TI 20-Pin (CTI) connector. In the schematics they provided a 0.100 in pitch connector for the same since with emulator they are getting “TI 20-pin to ARM Cortex 20-pin converter adapter”. Will the converter adapter pin outs match or will it be changed. Pls confirm if 0.1 in connector can be used or 0.05 in connector only can be used.
- Why TPS61081 SS pin is pulled with backlight signal (refer below)? Is the same followed in design.
Please help with your inputs.
Regards, Shinu Mathew,