This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: PROCESSOR-SDK-DRA8X-TDA4X
The PSDKQA release(s) focus on filesystems on the SD card.
How can an eMMC based filesystem be made accessible/used on a PSDKQA release?
To make use of the eMMC filesystem on the J721e EVM with the PSDKQA 7.0 release, the below steps can be followed.
These steps were tested on the J721e EVM using the PSDKQA7.0 release, and may change with newer revisions of the TI PSDKQA release. In time the steps similar to the ones below will be included in the PSDKQA release documentation.
1. Follow PSDKQA Release Notes to get the J721 EVM running with SD boot (either SBL or SPL).
2. After booting the J721E EVM to the QNX prompt run the below commands to format and create an eMMC partition. For further information on usage of eMMC filesystems in the QNX environment please reference QNX’s Online User Guide.
# Check the partition information:fdisk /dev/emmc0 info
# Delete all existing partitions:fdisk /dev/emmc0 delete -afdisk /dev/emmc0 show
# Create a 8 GB FAT32 partition from the beginning of the eMMC device:fdisk /dev/emmc0 add -t 12 -c 0,8000fdisk /dev/emmc0 show
#Enumerate the partitions:mount -e /dev/emmc0ls /dev/emmc0*
# Format the FAT32 partition and mount it:mkdosfs /dev/emmc0t12
# Mountmount -t dos /dev/emmc0t12 /emmcls /emmc
3. Copy the filesystem contents from the SD card to the newly created eMMC partition
cp -Rvf /sd/* /emmc sync
4. Replace the “/sd” directory paths with “/emmc” paths in the configuration and script files contained in the "/emmc/vision_apps" directory:
sed -i 's/\/sd\//\/emmc\//g' /emmc/vision_apps/*.cfgsed -i 's/\/sd\//\/emmc\//g' /emmc/vision_apps/app_srv_avp_cfg/*.cfgsed -i 's/\/sd\//\/emmc\//g' /emmc/vision_apps/*.sh
5. At this point the eMMC should contain a filesystem that is capable of running the PSDKQA Vision Apps demos. After each “boot”, the following commands can be entered to launch the demo applications from the eMMC filesystem.
mount -tdos -oexe=all /dev/emmc0t12 /emmc
6. To automate the mounting of the eMMC filesystem, and setting of environment variables, the QNX IFS image used during boot must be updated. A build file designed to mount and run content from eMMC is included in the PSDKQA releases (j721e-evm-ti-emmc.build). This build generates an IFS image targeted at using the eMMC, as part of the PSDKQA build process. The IFS file can be used as below:
a. If using SPL SD boot:
b. If using SBL SD boot:
c. If using SBL OSPI boot:
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.