This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

AWR6843AOPEVM: Lowest Noise profile chip and radar

Part Number: AWR6843AOPEVM
Other Parts Discussed in Thread: IWR6843AOPEVM

I.I've been working with an IWR6843AOPEVM. It is reasonably suited to about 75% of my application. For the remaining 25%, I'm detecting objects that are lower on the Intensity signature than the noise floor. Is there a ranking for the TI Radar chips showing the general noise floor for which standard chip and antenna sets?

In other words, I need a chipset that has a lower noise level than what I have now. I.E. I know the object is physically there  (in wide open air at a set distance but the radar can't display it because it's below the average noise level.

Thank you,


  • Hello

    Wonder if you had a chance to look at the following:

    1. Tuning the CFAR knobs in OoB demo -> See User's guide in SDK docs

    2. Checking the Heatmap, FFT range plots to identify objects that may be causing reflection --> detected objects

    3. Compare the SNR values of point cloud for desired and undesired objects

    Detection and calling a reflection an object is a software process that is controlled by user application and typically far from noise in the device. We would recommend checking the RAW RF data (Via DCA1000 or OOB heatmap) to identify what signals  you deem as noise vs valid reflections.  Tuning (software) knobs can change the sensitivity of detection results.

    Thank you,