We are trying to understand the different frame formats and different modes supported by AW1243 transceiver. We have referred to the following documents: AWR1xxx_CSI2.pdf, sqra555.pdf etc.
1. We would like to use Packet0-format1 for getting the ADC data. Please confirm that this format works for both Interleaver and Non-Interleaver modes.
2. In this format, between LineStart and LineEnd short packets, one chirp/line of ADC data, corresponding to each of the enabled ADC channels is accomodated. Please confirm.
a. In case of Interleaver mode: LS -> Rx00 Rx10 Rx20 Rx30 Rx01 Rx11 Rx21 Rx31.......Rx3N -> LE
b. In case of Non-Interleaver Mode: LS -> Rx00 Rx01 Rx02 Rx03.....Rx0N Rx10 Rx11 Rx12 Rx13.......Rx3N -> LE
3. The interleaving depth is always 1 sample in Interleaver Mode. Please confirm.
4. If 16-bit ADC samples are being sent as RAW8, do we have to swap the 8-bit data or is it just pure concatenation?
5. We will be mostly using RAW12/14 formats with chirp sizes of 128/256/512/1024. With the "mipi unit" calculations, I am thinking no "Null Packets" will be inserted. Please confirm.
6. Is there a provision to get the Chirp Quality information on any other interface other than as part of MIPI packets? Eg, can application SW read any registers/buffers in the transceiver using SPI or some other low frequency interface for this data, periodically?
Appreciate your early response.