Part Number: IWR6843
Dear e2e support,
My customer have these generic questions about our mmWave limitations:
- What is the smallest chirp time programmable, with a “sawtooth chirp” ?
- What is the smallest chirp time programmable for a quasi-triangular chirp (also called “slow FMCW”, if I'm right), up-ramp time, idle time, down-ramp time?
- They are looking for a chirp time of a few 10µs. If not possible with the standard software interface, would it be possible by some other means of access?
You can find some of this information at: www.ti.com/.../swra553a.pdf
The smallest chirp time is controlled by:
1) minimum idle time (=2us, if RF bandwidth is less than 1GHz)
2) minimum numADCsample (64) / maximum ADC sample Time (12.5MHz) = 5.12us
3) minimum ADC start time (= 4us, if use a slope less than 50MHz/us and larger ADC sampling rate)
4) minimum Excess ramping time = 1us
Which adds up to about 12.12us.
For the quasi-triangular chirp, you need 1 chirp to program ramp up and 1 chirp to program ramp down, total 2 chirp. So the minimum duration will be 2 * 12.12us.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.