Adding code snippets to your posts can be a helpful way to convey additional information, and is very easy to complete from the thread creation form.
1. Navigate to the thread creation form. Please review this related post [FAQ] How do I ask a technical question in E2E? for more information about navigating to the form.
2. Scroll down to the "Description" section of the editor and click the "Insert" dropdown menu on the top left.
3. Click the "Code" menu item as shown in the screenshot below:
4. After clicking on the "Code" item, the code editor will appear (per the screenshot below). From here, you can directly type your code or paste it into the code box. You may also choose to change the code language, with options including but not limited to C, C#, Perl, Python, and Text (which will always be the default option).
Note: If you are using a visual code editor like Visual Studio, make sure that the code snippet you have copied is text-only before pasting into the code box.
5. When you are done editing your code, click the "Ok" button to be returned to the main thread creation form. Your code snippet will now be included in your post.