This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: LAUNCHXL-CC26X2R1
Tool/software: Code Composer Studio
I wanted to display English and Spanish in my project which uses the cc2652R and the ST7735S Display Controller. For the purpose I downloaded the TivaWare SDK and then obtained the ftrasterize tool from there.
Then I downloaded a font that supports both English and Spanish.( ASCII characters from 32 to 256). Then I generated the font.c file using ftrasterize using the following command on cmd prompt :
"ftrasterize.exe -f font -s 24 -e 255 font.ttf". This gave me a font file with Graphics_FontEx type ( since it was upto 256)
Then I included the font.c file obtained to my project and set the font to the corresponding. Then as per the following post from Steffen Fuchs: https://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/msp430/f/166/t/664949?tisearch=e2e-quicksearch&keymatch=above%20127
I had used the string draw functions changing int8_t to uint8_t. Then tried using those functions to display the Spanish characters. However when I tried to do so, either the data was not appearing at all or some other character was appearing in place of the given character.
Is there any other step to be done ?
Hello Friend, according to my knowledge, grlib is designed for SSD2119. Did you checked compatibility issues?
If I had answered to your question, please mark this post as Resolved.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Tomasz Kocon:
In reply to Shyam Shankar79:
How are you testing this? What API are you using to print a string to the display?
Have you done a test trying to print all available characters from 32 to 256?
In reply to Hector_r:
I got it to work. As told in the post from the link(given in my previous post), I had created functions similar to the functions used to draw a string -GraphicsDrawStringCentered, GraphicsDrawString and GraphichsGetStringWidth. The only change I had to make was replace the int8_t * string to uint8_t *string in the arguments of the function. So that it would take the characters greater than 127...upto 256. Then all I had to do was call these functions to draw the string. I did not create a new grlib, instead I just had to add these 3 functions to my application. It would be really helpful if TI had already created the grlib string draw unctions with provision to include characters greater than 127.
Thanks for the replies.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.