This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: TIDA-00489
Tool/software: Code Composer Studio
I have tried the TIDA Firmware, but I need a star network code since I have around 50 sensors in a network. I adapted the code from the sensor/collector example, to make it work with the TIDA sensor. Today I made my first rough power consumption tests and I am not amused so far. However, I was using a FLUKE multimeter and this is not state of the art current measurement tool. I will use a shunt+SRF650 ultra low noise amplifier + DAQ card to log power consumption more precisely over a bigger time. The sensor data I send is the number of movements, every 10s as interval.
I have a few ideas on my own:
Do you have any further suggestions, or can you tell me what you're consumption approximately is?
If your question has been answered, please click Verify Answer .
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to clam:
Thank you christina. I will have a look at the firmware, though I guess it is based on the sensor collector TI 15.4 Stack example: http://dev.ti.com/tirex/content/simplelink_academy_cc13x0sdk_1_13_01_05/modules/154-stack_01_sensor_collector/154-stack_01_sensor_collector.html
Looking at the firmware control chart, I am pretty sure that except for the way I measure the number of movements, the rest is quite the same. I am also glad for your tweak hints. I will try them.
But so far, I am really wondering, why my multimeter shows me 2mA consumption when it hasn't joined a network (doesn't matter if the sensor is orphan or has never joined a network before) and when it is connected, my sensor is always active counting the movements and sends the number of movements with a certain interval. During this active "idle" or "standby" time, it still consumes 70-80µA according to the multimeter, though I am not trusting the device here anymore...Could this have something to do with J3 being shorted I just noticed, that it is always shorted, though the PDF says it shouldnt. Is this a problem?
In reply to Slev1n:
So, I‘ve downloaded the git repository and took a closer look into the sensor code. As expected I am facing problems building the project. Note, that I’ve also downloaded the simplelink_cc13x0_sdk_1_30_00_06 software package.
Before building, I made the following changes:
I checked the general properties:
I used „build project“ and „build all“ and I also tried the „original v0-version“ without any changes. Both do have errors, though different.
EDIT: By adopting the code to my own desires, the errors vanished, though I have no idea why.
Errors for „build project“
This project was created using a version of compiler that is not currently installed - 16.9.2.LTS [ARM]. Another version of the compiler will be used during build - 18.1.2.LTS.
/* CC1350 board file will be used for both CC1310 and CC1350 */
#elif defined (TIDA00758) || defined(TIDA00488)
Should I add „TIDA00489“ to the predefined symbols?
here an update from my side:
The collector firmware from the TIDA 01476 works so far and if I combine it with the sensor firmware and choose "sensor_cl1310lp" it works fine. Changing it to TIDA 00489 is also possible and the current consumption is in the single digit µA region which is acceptable.
But when I re-write the code so that it is not sending if a movement was detected or the timer expired the collector does not receive the messages. Debugging, I can see, that the "readSensor();" function is executed three times and afterwards it stops trying and idles. The collector shows me, that the sensor joined and then waits for some time and then says: !Responding: 0x1.
The default config time is actually set to 100ms but the collector seems not to be able to config the device.
I had to make a few changes to get the sensor firmware trying to send. E.g. I enabled the readingTime in the Ssf_setReadingClock(), adapted the Board_pir.c and changed the MotionSensor-Msg.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.