This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: TIDC-BLUETOOTH-LOW-ENERGY-LONG-RANGE
Tool/software: Code Composer Studio
Hi, i need to connect multiple machines controller to one master controller using Bluetooth controller. please clarify the below queries
1) how many connections can be created maximum between master and machine controller
2) What is the maximum possible distance without any data loss in industrial area
3) what is the maximum data packet size.
1) Before BLE 4.1, only one connection is allowed. Using BLE 4.1 or latter, the number of simultaneous connections is limited by the device's memory (RAM). For CC2640R2, the limit is 3 simultaneous connections. For CC2642R, the limit is 8 simultaneous connections. Keep in mind that those are theoretical numbers that might be lower if the application uses RAM for something else. Note: if you don't need the devices to enter a connection (beacons), then you have almost no limit. In this case, you need to use the advertisement and scan data.
2) We have a very complete tool (RF-RANGE-ESTIMATOR) to estimate the range of an RF application. As you will see, it will depend on the TxPower, the antenna, the BLE PHY... I let you have a look at the tool to find the values corresponding to your case :)A few tips when using RF-RANGE-ESTIMATOR: select the right frequency (2.4 GHz for BLE), the right Tx conducted output power (-21 to 5 dBm if you are using CC2640R2 or CC2642R), and the right PHY (2M, 1M, 500kbps, 125kbps).
3) The maximum data packet size depends on the BLE version used and if the devices have entered a connection or not. The connection data length is limited to 27 bytes for BLE 4.0 and 4.1, and can be up to 251 bytes for BLE 5 (details here). For non-connected devices, I would suggest you to have a look to this training.
One precision to finish: CC2640R2 implements BLE 4.1 and BLE 5, CC2642R implements BLE 5 only.
I hope this will help,
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.