Other Parts Discussed in Thread: CC1350, , ENERGYTRACE, CC1352R
I am developing a low power controller with prototypes based on a CC1310F128 RSM low pinout module (E70 14S2). I am using a simple proprietary synchronous radio protocol. I am using JTAG from a LaunchPad to my prototype as the development platform. I have CC1310(Rev1.4), CC1350(Rev1.3) and CC1312R1(Rev D) LaunchPads available.
I am starting to use the extremely useful EnergTrace feature in CCS (V10.2.0.00009). It works (not EnergyTrace++) only with the CC1312R1 LaunchPad configured as 4 wire. I have scanned the fora and documentation to find which features the various LaunchPads and the CC1310 support. There is conflicting information and my experimentation so far has some differring results.
Could you help me with some definitive answers below?
1. Is the CC1310 LaunchPad capable of EnergyTrace?
2. Is the CC1350 LaunchPad capable of EnergyTrace?
3. Is the CC1312R1 the only LaunchPad to support EmergyTrace++?
4. Does the CC1310 processor support EnergyTrace++?
5. Does EnergyTrace require 4 wire JTAG or is 2 wire possible?
6. Does the EnergyTrace module in CCSS get its JTAG configuration from the project, target . ccxml configuration file?
I apologise for so many questions but the answers will save a large amount of testing time. It is difficult to seperate a debugging issue in my prototype from something not actually implemented in the tools.