This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: LAUNCHXL-CC1310
1. I have a border router with SPSGRF-915 (from ST) sitting on a Linux board (that Linux board is working as a gateway but actually does many more thing than just gateway), border router microcontroller running https://github.com/contiki-os/contiki/tree/master/examples/ipv6/rpl-border-router code.
2. Now, we are developing node with TI CC1310 (it was initially based on ST microcontroller and SPSGRF-915, but nodes are in very high volume and to reduce cost, our team decided to switch to CC1310).
3. I am running https://github.com/contiki-os/contiki/blob/master/examples/er-rest-example/er-example-server.c code on CC1310 launch pad.
Issue: No communication between the border router and TI CC1310 node
What I did so far;
4. Changed RDC and made same as border router
#define NETSTACK_CONF_RDC nullrdc_driver
5. Changed RF channel same as border router
#define RF_CORE_CONF_CHANNEL 0
6. Using prop mode on CC1310
#define NETSTACK_CONF_RADIO prop_mode_driver
I did that by defining #define CPU_FAMILY_CC13XX 1 in contiki-conf.h,
7. Changed to 915MHz, same as border router
/* Default band selection to band 4 - 863MHz */
#define DOT_15_4G_FREQUENCY_BAND_ID DOT_15_4G_CONF_FREQUENCY_BAND_ID
#define DOT_15_4G_FREQUENCY_BAND_ID DOT_15_4G_FREQUENCY_BAND_915
What else should I change? And also, how IPV6 address is forming, I mean which .c file taking care of that? Please help me with that, I have almost spent a week with no success. Thanks!
We usually don't provide much support for Contiki-OS, as that is more or less viewed as an outdated and obsolete in favor of Contiki-NG. https://github.com/contiki-ng/contiki-ng
I'm not sure what the problem is, but I can only imagine either the serial communication between the border router and host is not properly setup.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.