Other Parts Discussed in Thread: CC1352R,
We have a device base on CC1352R and CC3120MOD. The project is created before 2 years with WiFi Plugin v2.40.00.22 and SDK CC13x2_26x2 v 4.10.00.78.
Now we would like to update the project with the last WiFi plugin v4.20.00.10 and SDK CC13x2_26x2 v5.20,02.00. What is the right way to compile the host driver? Which files or settings should be modified? We checked and read all possible documents and links without to found the answers.
Our questions are:
1. Is it necessary to recompile the host driver if there is a new version of XDCtools? Now after all installations of SDKs we have 3 different version 3.62.01.16, 3.62.01.15 and 3.61.00.16. In that case which version should be used? Probably the newest?
2. Is it necessary to have two versions of the host driver for Release and Debug mode? The default setting in CCS project is Debug.
3. In WiFi plugin 2.40.00.22 there are 2 files simplelink_nortos.projectspec and simplelink_cc26x2_nortos.projectspec. The difference is in DRIVER_PLATFORM=CC26X2 and DRIVER_PLATFORM=SIMPLELINK.
In WiFi plugin v4.20.00.10 there is only one file simplelink_nortos.projectspec. Is it necessary to create a new file with DRIVER_PLATFORM=CC26X2? By the way the file makefile.defs is modified and we don't see where DRIVER_PLATFORM is used.
4. When the project is imported in CCS the compilation is not successful. We discover that in the file imports.mak there is a mistake.
5. Is it necessary the settings of the CCS project to be modified? The MCU is MSP432. In our case it is CC1352R.
6. Which method is the best method to modify the file user.h for different projects with different settings? It is not convenient when you switch between 3-4 projects always to recompile the host driver.
7. We can't use the examples in the last WiFi plugin because for nortos/CC26X2R1_LAUNCHXL there are not any examples. Why? Only one makefile.
Thank you very much for your answers in advance.