This new release includes both firmware and driver updates.
- Firmware repo: https://git.ti.com/cgit/wilink8-wlan/wl18xx_fw/
There is a dependency between the driver and the firmware in this release, so it is mandatory to upgrade both together. Only upgrading one or the other may result in undefined behavior of the system.
Please note that the driver patch is an incremental patch on the top of the previous 22 patches that are included as part of R8.8 on kernel 4.19.38. The driver patch is only for the NLCP driver. It does not apply to the MCP driver.
The release includes both security fixes and bug fixes. A description of each fix can be found below:
- PN drift observed during recovery causing long disconnection periods.
- [WFA] fragattack 4.7.2, when in AP role, unicast data frames are sent from the station unencrypted during 4-Way handshake and should be dropped but instead a data reply is captured.
- [WFA] Mesh fix due to bad implementation of previous WFA fix. AMSDU is detected incorrectly due to address4 introduction in MPDU header which may cause valid data frames to get dropped.
- High retransmission rate and general slowdown due to false BA session bitmap when QoS NULL data and QoS data on Best Effort queue are used together on RX direction.