Other Parts Discussed in Thread: UNIFLASH, CC3120
Tool/software: Code Composer Studio
I can successfully make the module connect to a regular AP using the SSID and passkey.
Now I am trying to connect to an AP which uses a RADIX server, and have done so with other devices. However, nothing is clear on this material, compared to other devices and PC's that we are using (and successfully connected to the RADIX Enterprise authentication).
1. Section 4.6.2 of the swru455j document indicates the user SlWlanSecParamsExt_t->user as the user, and SlWlanSecParamsExt_t->AnonUser as ?? "anonymous" ? Isn't that a default?
2. Our existing TLS configuration connects with "anonymous" then sends a secure user and password. Where is the password supposed to be set in this, as none of the structures contain such a field?
3. Document swru469f section 6.10 is unclear as to where our CA cert should be stored. There is nothing explaining "certificate catalog" (it's a LST file... ?) It does mention certificates in section 6.12
4. Document swru455j section 4.6.2 says keys, client certs, and the CA must be stored in PEM format. Then says they must be in files named sys/cert/xxx.der. A DER file is not the same as a PEM file.
5. Do I use Uniflash, and store the necessary files using the "User Files" as described in section 6.12? Or do they get stored somewhere else?
6. When I attempt to connect using only the user (because that's the only field available to set), at one time I received a 210 error: "SL_WLAN_DISCONNECT_CERTIFICATE_EXPIRED" How does it know what the date is if it has yet to connect to a network? And has no RTC setting the time? Our CA is valid from Jan 2020 to Jan 2021.
7. The example code in swru455j section 4.6.2 has "KEY" What is that? The same as the user's password?
Here is the code, although I have tried several permutations (users, anonymous, key, passwords...)
memset(&security,0,sizeof(SlWlanSecParams_t)); strcpy(key,RADIX_PWD); security.Key = (signed char *) key; security.KeyLen = strlen(key); security.Type = SL_WLAN_SEC_TYPE_WPA_ENT; memset(&extsecurity,0,sizeof(SlWlanSecParamsExt_t)); extsecurity.User = (signed char *) RADIX_USER; extsecurity.UserLen = sizeof(RADIX_USER); extsecurity.AnonUser = (signed char *) ANONYMOUS; extsecurity.AnonUserLen = sizeof(ANONYMOUS) - 1; extsecurity.EapMethod = SL_WLAN_ENT_EAP_METHOD_TTLS_TLS; /* or SL_WLAN_ENT_EAP_METHOD_PEAP0_MSCHAPv2 */ result = sl_WlanConnect(SSID,sizeof(SSID)-1,NULL,&security, &extsecurity );
Any help to clear up this doc would be appreciated.