This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: CC3120
I am using a CC3120 with an MSP432 using the WiFi plugin v1.30 and trying to connect to my WLAN router using the code from the network_terminal example and it isn't always connecting - about 60% of the time. When it fails, I get the following error:
[ERROR] - FATAL ERROR: Sync loss detected n[line:653, error code:-2005] Device error, please refer "DEVICE ERRORS CODES" section in errors.hNetwork Terminal - Couldn't configure Network Processor
do you know what may be the problem? From looking up the error, I get the following:
/* API has been aborted due to an error detected by host driver */#define SL_API_ABORTED (-2005)
but that doesn't tell me much. I have tried this with a couple different routers and getting the same result with about the same frequency of occurrence. Please advise of any thing I can try to fix this problem.
BTW - I use CC3100 and CC3200 a lot with these routers and have no issues with them connecting. Something going on that is unique to CC3120. I have also tried this with a CC3220 and getting the same problem with it connecting to these routers.
This needs some more investigation, but could you try the following patch to see if this helps - ensuring that the NWP interrupt is cleared during initialization, in cc_pal.c.
int NwpRegisterInterruptHandler(P_EVENT_HANDLER InterruptHdl , void* pValue)
/* Check for unregister condition */
if(NULL == InterruptHdl)
g_Host_irq_Hndlr = NULL;
else if(NULL == g_Host_irq_Hndlr)
g_Host_irq_Hndlr = InterruptHdl;
/* An error occurred */
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to RogerMonk:
In reply to Tim Simerly:
Hi Tim, Great - glad that helped a bit. 1a) simplelink_msp432_sdk_wifi_plugin_1_30_00_03 was built using xdctools_3_50_01_12_core ( as per rel notes/dependencies ). I'd recommend sticking with that version for now. 1b) *however*, you could simply add the modified cc_pal.c to your main application project, to save rebuilding the underlying library. This would save you needing to modify your sdk tree. I'd probably recommend that approach and keep your changes localised. You can then pull the modified file from the project, once we can get the base sdk updated with a proper fix. 2) I hit the same issue last week, so it was fresh in my mind ;) 3) sorry ;) cheers! ~roger
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.