TI's General Quality Guideline (page 7) describes our official policy on obsoleting a device. This policy is summarized below.
- TI's Product withdrawal/discontinuance process complies with J-STD-048, latest issue.
- TI makes an effort to not obsolete products out of convenience.
- TI’s obsolescence withdrawal schedule provides a longer lead time than the industry standard.
- TI allows 12 months for the last order and an additional 6 monthsto take final delivery of obsolete items.
- In rare circumstances, an accelerated withdrawal schedule may be necessary. In such cases, TI will communicate the last buy and final delivery dates in the EOL notice, along with an explanation of the circumstances necessitating the early withdrawal.