I want to boot TDA4VM from eMMC UDA partition using SBL. I am using SDK 8.1. Can someone share the process?
This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Please follow the procedure below:
Partitioning the eMMC
1) Boot the board with j721e Linux SDK.
Modifying the MMCSD SBL to boot from eMMC.
1) Replace the sbl_mmcsd.c at <pdkInstallPath>\packages\ti\boot\sbl\src\mmcsd
2) Rebuild the lib and binary for MMCSD
gmake BOARD=j721e_evm CORE=mcu1_0 sbl_lib_mmcsd_clean
gmake BOARD=j721e_evm CORE=mcu1_0 sbl_mmcsd_img_clean
gmake BOARD=j721e_evm CORE=mcu1_0 sbl_lib_mmcsd
gmake BOARD=j721e_evm CORE=mcu1_0 sbl_mmcsd_img
Flashing RTOS Boot Images on eMMC
1) Put the SD Card on a PC
2) Copy the below files in /media/$USER/rootfs/home/root :
3) Put the SD Card back to board and boot in SD boot mode.
4) Copy the images to eMMC partition
5) You can also refer to the AppNote- https://www.ti.com/lit/pdf/spracy5 for more other flashing techniques.
Change boot mode to eMMC and boot the board
1) Change boot mode to eMMC boot
Please see eMMC_Logs for reference.