Other Parts Discussed in Thread: ENERGYTRACE,
Tool/software: Code Composer Studio
I'm trying to use EnergyTrace against the LAUNCHXL-CC1352R1.
- CCS 9.3.0.00012
- Windows 10 1909 18363.693
- Quad-core i5-8250U 1.60GHz with 8 GB and SSD
- As per CCS/CC2642R: EnergyTrace: Bad energy data was detected in the trace stream, the error message "Bad energy trace data was detected in trace stream" appears after less than 10 seconds of EnergyTrace recording.
The error message appears for 90% of the cases. Only10% of the cases reaches 30 seconds.
Unfortunately, both power and energy graphs are flat.
- Closing the energy and power graphs during EnergyTrace recording as suggested does not solve the issue.
The Windows task manager reports CCS is using 45% to 50% of total CPU and more than 1 GB of RAM, despite a configuration with quad-core i5-8250U 1.60GHz and 8 GB.
- Trying stune as suggested is a dead end as the recommended commands return errors
The reference from section 3.6.5 of the XDS110 User's Guide seems to be obsolete, as the recommended commands return errors.
connect -c targetConfig.ccxml xds energytrace -o output.csv et
I've tried instead, to no avail:
stune> connect -c CC1352R1F3.ccxml xds connect: missing option -d|--device=<name of device> usage: connect --device <device name> [--config <config file>] <xds|hosted> stune> connect -d CC1352R1F3 -c CC1352R1F3.ccxml xds stune> energytrace -o output.csv et -7001 : Device is not supported. -122: Error occurred while closing debug probe port stune>
Please provide full documentation for stune, including a table with the authorised device names, the configuration files names, and the correct syntax to launch EnergyTrace.
- How to perform EnergyTrace?
Thank you for your help.